My Favorite Type of Fall Fashion

Similar top, similar leather skirt, Steve Madden booties, similar necklace, Kate Spade Bag

Fall Fashion Inspiration Leather Skirt

We had some thunderstorms last Saturday afternoon, which bummed me out because I had plans to shoot pictures of a few different outfits.  I’ve been so jealous of all the fall-themed photography with vibrant yellow and red leaves, and have been itching to get out there and find some spots like that.  I was just about to give up on the idea for the day when the clouds opened up and the sky was filled with the most beautiful golden light.  I’m talking a photographer’s DREAM setting here.  Cue me throwing on this outfit and running out the door!

Part of why I love this post is because the location is a truly accurate representation of where I’m from.  The endless fields of gold were a perfect backdrop for this purple-patterned top (similar here), and the warm temperatures have allowed for an extended skirt season.  I also love mixing leather pieces into outfits in the fall, and this flare skirt is no exception!  If I were to pick a favorite type of fall fashion, this would be it.  A light L/S top & skirt, or a shift dress with a cute pair of booties.

I have a short week ahead of me and will be heading up north again on Thursday, where I’ll be shooting a fall-themed version of this post.  Hoping we get lucky and the weather holds out for us!

25 Comments

1. October 10, 2017 / 11:06 am

Love this outfit! It looks so cute and comfy, and your right! That location is just gorgeous. It reminds me of my home up in there Ozark Mountains. Simply stunning.

Tabitha

2. October 10, 2017 / 11:11 am

These photos are absolutely stunning! I’m loving the location and you look breathtaking
    Kate || KATE KOUTURES

• October 11, 2017 / 8:48 am

Thanks Jessi! Me too! I had a hard time letting go of summer but I’m now actually getting excited for fall!

• October 11, 2017 / 8:49 am

So lucky! It was so beautiful. Thanks so much girl, hope you’re having a great day!

3. October 11, 2017 / 1:45 am

I have been wanting to wear a leather skirt for Fall but was going back and forth on how to pair it. I love the top that you paired it with. The print and color are so pretty. Great post.

4. October 11, 2017 / 7:43 am

Your outfit is so cute! And these photos are gorgeous.

Linda

5. October 11, 2017 / 10:55 am

These photos are stunning, the colors are beautiful and so dreamy! Love that golden light!

• October 12, 2017 / 9:06 am

Thanks girlfriend! So glad you like it! And thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it! Have a fabulous day!

6. October 11, 2017 / 8:39 pm

Wow the photos are truly breathtaking. The golden fields look so beautiful and make you stand out. Thanks for the inspiration. xo, Emily

7. October 12, 2017 / 10:29 am

Gorgeous sky hues in these photos! That golden hour is even more spectacular in the fall! Cute little skirt! If I wore skirts more, I would be scooping up one of the many faux leather minis that are on the racks right now!
    xo Jen from styleinshape.com