Our Thailand Travel Itinerary

It’s pretty difficult for me to avoid jumping up and down as I write this, so I’m not even going to try.  Because this January, I’M GOING TO THAILAND!  It’s weird to even say it and I somewhat don’t even believe it myself, but flights and hotels are booked so It’s happening.

Thailand has been a bucket list item for me for years, and for good reasons: amazing culture, delicious food, unreal beaches, jungle, and mountains, and if you weren’t aware, it’s extremely affordable.  In Thailand, you can live like royalty for next to nothing.

Adam and I normally travel with a purpose.  We are not ones who tend to sit still – we really love to experience our surroundings.  We will have a total of 8 days in Thailand, and have planned out a pretty intense itinerary of activities.  It’s a 22 hour trip there, so it’s pretty important to pack it all in!

From what I’ve read, there are three main areas that are recommended when you travel to Thailand.  I’ve listed them below, along with the activities we plan to do in each.

Bangkok Thailand City Travel Asia Temple

Central Thailand (Bangkok): We will be flying into Bangkok and staying for 3 nights.  Activities will include riding tuk tuk’s around the city, eating tons of amazing food from local street vendors, and a canal boat trip to the floating market.

Thailand Elephant Chiang Mai Thailand Jungle Nature

Northern Thailand (Chiang Mai): this is the mountainous region and nature lover’s paradise.  We will be staying 2 nights on a mountain overlooking the jungle, visiting the elephant sanctuaries, and touring the temples.

Phuket Island Travel Thailand Beach Boat Paradise Ocean

The Islands (Phuket): We went back and forth a million times about which island to pick (there are so many good ones!) but due to timing, we decided on Phuket.   A lot of island hopping, snorkeling/kayaking, and relaxing will be done here.

If you’ve ever been to Thailand and have any travel, activity, or any advice really, let me know in the comments!  This will be my first trip to Asia, so any tips are 100% welcome!

Sources: Featured | Image 1 | Image 2 | Image 3

Share:

28 Comments

1. May 11, 2017 / 12:52 pm

Absolutely incredible, jump up and down until January! We’ve been thinking about Thailand too since it is so affordable, and my gosh – those views! Cannot wait to live vicariously through your pics!
    Green Fashionista

• May 12, 2017 / 8:32 am

LOL! I totally will 🙂 I absolutely recommend it based on what I know we’ve spent – such a good deal!

2. May 12, 2017 / 7:56 am

OMG I am so excited for four Thailand trip! It has been on my bucket list for years now and I still need to make my way to there.

3. May 12, 2017 / 9:14 am

WOW! Thailand is definitely on my bucket list. Have you already started the countdown? So excited and happy for you!

Linda
    Blog || Instagram

4. May 12, 2017 / 10:02 am

I can’t image how beautiful this place is in person. The images are absolutely stunning!!!

• May 12, 2017 / 12:22 pm

I’m very excited to find out! 😀 Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great Friday! xx

5. May 12, 2017 / 10:06 am

You are going to have an amazing time, I can already tell! It look so beautiful there and you have def chosen the best things to see and do!

Sam

6. May 12, 2017 / 11:09 am

Thailand is amazing! It’s one of those places that should be on everyone’s bucket list!
    Tip: Wear conservative clothing to temples or they won’t let you in!
    Leave the OTS blouses for other activities! You’ll have a blast!

• May 12, 2017 / 12:24 pm

Right?! Such a beautiful place! Thanks so much for stopping by 🙂 Have a great rest of your day!

7. May 14, 2017 / 5:12 pm

What an amazing trip! Thailand must be amazing. I’m really excited too because I’m going to Australia in August, I’ve been dreaming about going there since I was a little girl 🙂

8. July 20, 2017 / 1:54 pm

we are going to thailand in January too! We can’t wait, you have a really great itinerary here with lots of inspiration
    Ethan & Bethan